Collaborative working and the RECAP Preterm PlatformEarly Career Researchers: the extreme preterm demonstration project
Please contact the presenter for a permission to use the content from the E-Learning modules. Thank you for your understanding.
Interview with Andrei Morgan, Dr., Early Career Researchers
1. Module introduction and overview of putting together a project
2. Interview about demo project
Julia N. Doetsch, Andrei S. Morgan, Dr., Helen Collins, Dr., Gonçalo Gonçalves, Josephine Bilsteen, Dr.,
Julia interviews Andrei, Helen, Gonçalo and Josephine about their involvement in the WP7 “extreme preterm birth” demonstration project that is being conducted using the RECAP Preterm Platform
- What the demonstration project is about and why it was chosen
- Collaborative working practices
- Importance and difficulties of harmonisation
- FAIR data
- Benefits of cohorts
- Benefits of Register data
3. Harmonisation for the EPT demo Project
Helen Collins, Dr.,
An overview of how the study populations were assessed and harmonised for the EPT demo project, the iterative development of harmonised variable definitions and how we identified cohort variables for the project using the RECAP Preterm Data Platform
- How we defined the populations for each analysis
- How harmonised variable definitions were developed
- How we identified cohort variables for harmonisation
4. Harmonisation on the RECAP Preterm Data Platform
5. Federated analysis using the RECAP Preterm Platform
Andrei Morgan, Dr.,
This presentation shows a worked example of using the RECAP Preterm Platform for federated data analysis. The “DataSHIELD” approach to analysis is compared to routine analysis in R, with similarities and differences in the methods highlighted.
- Steps required to implement a “DataSHIELD” analysis on the RECAP Preterm Platform
- Differences in the use of R for federated analyses
- Statistical considerations for working with federated data
- Variable naming scheme for harmonised data
7. Interview about learning from demonstration project
Julia N. Doetsch, Andrei S. Morgan, Dr., Helen Collins, Dr., Gonçalo Gonçalves, Josephine Bilsteen, Dr.
Julia interviews Andrei, Helen, Gonçalo and Josephine again about what they learnt from working together to carry out the demonstration project
- Experiences of using the RECAP Preterm Platform
- Benefits of working together
- How to start new collaborative projects in the future.